Cement is seeking a Strategy Director to manage a team of content, social and search strategists in order to lead our clients to brand and digital greatness. If you’re a research nerd who loves spotting trends; if you have a knack for deja new– finding new ways to look at ordinary things; if you live and breathe brand and digital strategy; if you have a proven track record that backs up your passion – we’d like to meet you. Show us that you value bringing brands to life online and support your values with case studies. The ideal candidate will also have experience in branding, traditional marketing and advertising.
Cement Marketing is growing and we’re looking for a qualified, experienced Strategy Director to lead our team of strategists and our clients into this new chapter of growth for the agency.
Digital generalists are encouraged to apply for this position as you will have strategists beneath you leading particular tactical focuses such as search, social, digital media and content. Translation: you don’t have to be an SEO or social marketing nerd (we have those), but you know how to marshal their skills.
As our Strategy Director you will be responsible for:
- Defining research needs– sometimes on a very limited budget
- Developing insights. That’s only two words, but developing insights is your happy place.
- Developing actionable strategies (branding, digital, traditional, mobile, media) for all clients
- Presenting strategic direction to clients
- Managing and mentoring strategy team
- Working closely with Account Director to gain clear understanding of client challenges, goals, constraints, and benchmarks
- Working closely with Creative Director to hand off strategic direction and ensure project success
- Assisting new business team in pitch phase as needed
Required (no exceptions. seriously.) qualifications:
- At least 3-5 years in a similar role at another digital or advertising agency
- At least 3-5 years of management experience
- Case studies of branding and digital strategic initiatives at your former agency; must include performance analysis and metrics
- Experience managing website design and development project strategy
- UX strategy experience
- When you hear Archer is smelly (he is), he doesn’t behave in typical alpha patterns, but dogs respect him and people absolutely adore him (they do), you immediately wonder how you could use that info to develop an insight about human-canine interaction.
- You read the bullet point above and it actually got your wheels spinning about a couple strategic directions.
If you do not have the above qualifications, please don’t apply for this position: your application will be disregarded.
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org with a cover letter, resume and salary requirements. We offer a full benefit package along with paid paternity and maternity leave (after one year of prior employment).
Cement Marketing is an EOE.
Our culture is pretty fantastic. Read more about us here.